Monday, July 5, 2010

Dream A Little Dream

I have been dreaming, and remembering my dreams, much more than usual recently, and boy howdy have they been odd.

July 4: I was locked in a room with several other people for "Tardiness and Poor Penmanship." Then the apocalypse happened and that room was the only one not destroyed. A bunch of lazy, crappy writers and a basket with a cat and its kittens which I found in the closet are the last living things on Earth.

July 3: Sleep-quit a job I don't have because a boss I've never met cut my hours to 6 a week and my pay to $1.25 an hour just after I completed a majorly crucial project ahead of schedule and saved everybody's ass. So I ran off into an overgrown urban dystopia....

July 1: Something (one must assume some infection or mold) is causing anything living to give off basically some combination of a stink bomb, mustard gas, and nerve gas. It reeks, puts off an odd yellow-green-orange cloud, and is fatal when it becomes too strong. I was trying to rescue people...

June 29:   smuggling dogs onto airplanes in luggage is hard, fleeing unknown pursuers by flying and blending into wilderness landscape, and then having to listen to some highschooler's amateur rendition of "From A Distance" when in a gorgeous tropical archipelago.

June 28: woke up fighting with the covers and scaring Koren because I was wrestling with an alligator caught in a bear trap.

2 comments:

  1. The most bizarre and frightening dream I had was as a boy. I found myself in a treasure room with one huge pile of every imaginable kind of valuable, like jewelry, gold, & the like. Suddenly the most breathtaking woman I ever saw appeared standing atop the pile. She wore a long flowing robe. Her golden tresses gently fell over her shoulders so beautifully. As she glared at me I tried to explain my presence (I didn't know myself how I got there), when she raised an arm and pointed a finger at me. Some sort of death ray emanated from her hand and the next thing I knew I was awake in my bed in a cold sweat, unable to speak until the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. My worst dreams are a tie between one of those dreams where you keep waking up but are still dreaming and a childhood recurring dream.

    The first was of zombie babies with autopsy scars, sharp teeth, and maggots (generally as nasty as you can think of) crawling out from behind the furniture and out of friends' mouths and such. I kept "waking" and whoever came to comfort me would start choking, maggots would pour out of their mouth, and then one of these babies would climb out which was the cue for them to start dragging themselves out from behind everything else.

    The other was being alone, in darkness, and there were things in the darkness. I was under a spotlight and could not see anything but the hands with huge claws that would dart out of the blackness to rip me open. I always ended up dying in those dreams, and I could feel the pain. They continued for years and I hated them so very much.

    ReplyDelete