Thursday, May 5, 2011

Socks Are Sexy

Yes, this is really what I lounge around the house in

I have a fascination with adorable socks. When I'm keeping the conversation rated PG I tell folks it's because socks are the one visible garment that most employer's dress codes failed to cover, and hence they became my own, quiet, little, sartorial rebellion. The deeper reason is that I've always loved the look of women in just socks, or socks and panties, or socks and a tie, or socks and jewelry.... aw hell, I like socks, legwarmers, leggins, stockings, spats, chaps, and almost any decoration for the lower leg. We could blame popular imagery of faeries and my tendency to eroticise the supernatural. We could blame evolution and the biological fact that women with small feet tend to have higher estrogen levels and thus be more fertile, hence making clothing with makes the feet appear small erotic. We could blame the 80s, like always. I suppose you could even blame my own poor circulation and chilly toes. Or, you could just enjoy knowing that I like to run around the house in socks and panties as much as possible.

Also know that this love of socks, especially funky socks that go up to the knee or further, has led me to a fascinating local business called Sock Dreams. If you, for whatever reason, are looking for any kind of odd or interesting specialty sock then go to www.sockdreams.com and prepare to be amazed. It's an absolute orgy of funky Portland hosiery! Gifts of socks gladly accepted as my finder's fee ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment